Friday, August 28, 2009

3rrrrrddd day of school!


Took my first test of the school year.
Tried to switch into APArt.
Counselors busy. Can't switch schedule.
Already dreading school. Teachers scare me.
Nonetheless, threw on a brown beachy smocked dress over a blue green striped tee. Wrapped a long scarf around for a bit of warmth and for the sake of embellishing.


At the end of the school day, my messy bun became even messier. Hardy har har. I made thin braids on both sides of my head and proceeded to make a messy bun, leaving my side bangs down.

I bought this coin bracelet the week before school started at claire's just so I could use up my gift card. Eh, it didn't work. I now have like 4 dollars left. That's annoying.
I was unpleasantly surprised that day. Having not stepped into a Claire's store in forever, I walked in thinking about a store of cute jewelry. BOY WAS I MISTAKEN. IT WAS TACKY AND DISGUSTED ME, BASICALLY. this, however, i like. haha. the disgust i felt in claire's was present, but a hundred times, worse the day before that, at none other than... Forever 21. anyways, point is. i like this bracelet. it jingles when i move my wrist :). jingle jingle

Ah, another one of my DIY feats. This was my first time wearing these. Here's the not-so-spectacular upcycling story. Feel free to skip it.
I bought a pair of golden flats at Target to wear to my cousin's wedding a few years back. After that, I wore it happily until I scuffed the sides and the some of the gold coloring came off. I decided to add buttons to it, and started out sewing them on by hand. To this impatient and not-that-highly-skilled crafty girl, that proved to be a) too difficult, and b) rather tedious, long, work. So I adhered some of the buttons way too low. Some of the buttons are already scruffy and hot glue gunning turned out to not be so *AH FANTASTIC* either. There is a navy blue button missing on the left shoe.
ANYWAYS. i did get some compliments and i felt great wearing them, knowing no one else in the whole wide world owns these shoes. :) yay for pseudo- individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment